Firefly picture source: beautiful_earthy_things
I have recently had a couple trolls on my comments throughout WordPress World. It has me thinking a lot about our actions and their consequences. And also what makes one person stand out as a light in the world versus someone who chooses to spread lies and darkness.
So here is my list of what makes an exceptional person who influences people.
1. Don’t start or enter fights. Everyone has opinions, but it’s better to error on the side of caution for this one. Decide what you might say and review it in your mind before posting. Would your comment be beneficial or hurtful? Put yourself in their shoes.
2. Even if you are just entering a conversation, leave a comment that is not only engaging but encouraging. A little love can go a long way. If you are not one to use loving nicknames for strangers like love, lovely, friend, mate, ect. These can put your reader at ease and open the doors to their hearts and minds. Wishing them well, letting them know they are in your thoughts and prayers, and encouraging them through a tough situation (as if you are a close friend, even though you don’t even know them) will have a lasting and peaceful affect.
3. Never ever enter a battle with a troll. Don’t even go there. You won’t win that nasty fight. The best thing you can do is ignore them and extinguish whatever it is that attracted them to be so hateful. Nothing positive is ever gained by trying to win a negatively born argument.
4. Be true to yourself and others. When you do let your opinions be known, season your answers with Grace and back up your position with personal experiences. Don’t let anyone tell you what to think or how to feel. Unless you are trying to self help! Then yes of course, but I’m talking here about social media, complete strangers.
5. Get involved. Comment on people’s post. Encourage. Get to know. Participate. Like. Follow. Reblog. And Inspire. Be sure to let the writer know how much you appreciate them sharing and what about it was impactful to you. And be ready to learn something new!